Friday, June 18, 2010

Chapter 2

Ryan was still standing outside of the locker room, watching the two good friends walk out the door. He knew that he made a mistake in letting Ronnie go but he still wanted to be a big part of her life and wanted her to know that their friendship meant more than anything. He was an idiot for letting her go in the first time and he knew it when he said those words to her. He never knew how much those exact words hurt Ronnie so much. He walked back into the locker room and headed back to his locker, shaking his head. He sat down and kept wondering what he could to keep Ronnie with him.

"Hey, Ryan, did you see where my sister went?" Alex asked as he walked over to where Ryan was sitting.

"Ronnie went home with Luc. How does Ronnie know Luc anyway?" Ryan answered.

"She knows him because they grew up together along with Kris Letang and they are the best of friends. My girlfriend, Nancy, and Ronnie are best friends with Charlene Ward, who is dating Luc. Ryan, is there something you are not telling me about?" Alex asked, wondering what Ryan was keeping from and wondering if it's his relationship with Ronnie that he had in college.

"I rather not talk about that with you when our teammates are around us," Ryan replied, glaring at Alex.

"Fine, Ryan. Do you want to go somewhere to talk about this?"

Ryan nodded as he got up and walked out of the locker room with Alex. "Why are you so interested in my relationship with Ronnie?"

"Cause I want to make sure you didn't hurt her, okay and I want to protect her with  my heart cause she's my baby sister. I don't want her to get hurt."

"Alex, you don't want to know what happened to us. I want to keep that part of us  quiet."

"Ryan, you keep walking away from her like she's nothing to you. What happened after that team party I held for the Canucks training camp? I saw you two talking outside. What happened? I know you two were dating."

Ryan scratched his head, wondering if telling Alex about what really happened at the Canucks team party was a really good idea. "I pulled her aside so we can talk and I told her that I couldn't be with her cause I was afraid of being hurt. Then before she left today, I told her about what my ex did to me and we ended it afterwards. I told her my reason why we broke up and grew distant. Alex, I still love your sister. I just wish I can take back what I said cause I really do love her and I know she won't hurt me."

Alex shook his head before glaring at his close friend. "Ryan, are you fucking kidding me? Ronnie is one of the most honest people out there and she would never fucking cheat on you."

"I am sorry, Alex and I realized that I made a mistake with your sister by accusing of her cheating on her on me. I knew she would never cheat on me but I was cheated on during my high school with my sweetheart and I was afraid of getting hurt again."

"Ryan, I am sorry that I happened to you but my sister really loved you and when you broke up with her, she called me, crying. She really thought you were the one for her until now. You need to give my sister some time before she comes around to you."

"I understand, Alex and I hope you can forgive me for what I did to your sister."

"I can but that will also take some time."

"Okay. I guess I will see you later, Alex."

"See you later." Alex walked away and out of the building as Ryan watched his best friend and teammate, wondering if he will ever gain the trust in both Alex and Ronnie. Ryan really didn't want to loose the friendship he had with both of them.

Outside of the arena, Alex ran to his car and wanted to get home to comfort Ronnie after finding from what Ryan had told him. He wanted to make sure that Ronniewas going to be okay. Why didn't Ryan and Ronnie tell Alex about their relationship together? He was going to ask Ronnie about it.

****

Still shaken up from the fight with Ryan, Ronnie walked into her apartment with Luc following her closely behind and Luc noticed it from her facial expression. She just didn't know why Ryan was acting like this to him. She hated the way he was treating her and she wished he would grow up. What was she going to do about her relationship with Ryan? She was going to do nothing and had better things do with her life like writing lyrics for her new song she was going to perform at a small club called TRIC and spend some more quality time with her brother, Alex and Luc. She wanted to make sure that Ryan suffered for what he did to her. She wasn't going to let his words get to her. She did that in past when he told her that he wanted to end things with her but she's not willing to take it anymore.

Ronnie threw her stuff as she walked over to the living room, towards the couch as she sat down, wondering what she was going to do with her relationship with Ryan. Did she really wanted to tell Luc what had really happened between her and Ryan during that rookie party that her brother held? Luc was the only that understands her the best and won't get defensive like her brother is.

Luc walked over to the living room, towards the couch as he sat down as Ronnie went into his arms crying. "I wish I knew what I can do but I can't help you if you won't tell me what happened between you and Ryan."

Ronnie looked up. "The fight between me and Ryan happened during a rookie party that my brother Alex held for us. Ryan took me aside and told me the fine reasons why we couldn't date anymore. He told me that he wanted to end it cause he was afraid that I would cheat on him like his ex did to him. I would never cheat, Luc. I can't believe he would do that to me."

"Ronnie, you would never cheat. I know that. I am sorry that Ryan did that to you. You are an amazing beautiful woman who will find the right one someday, That guy will love you for who you are. Give this fight you had with Ryan today a break and stay away from him until you two can talk."

"Thank you, Luc. I am cause I want to work on my music cause that is what is keeping me alive."

"You are welcome. You have an amazing gift, Ronnie. Don't let that go."

"I won't do that cause I have you to help me out at TRIC for that benefit concert. You  are going to help me."

"You know I will, Ronnie. I am sure that Kris Letang and his girlfriend, Mia can help also. Give those two a call."

"I will."

"I will see you tomorrow at practice."

"Okay. I will see you there too."

Luc got up as Ronnie did too and they embraced eachother before Luc left the house and walked out the door. He knew that Ronniewas going to be okay with the help from her brother, Alex, Mia and Kris. He knew Ronnie was strong. He just knew it.

***

Ronnie walked over to her purse as she grabbed her black iPhone out and dialed Kris's number. She walked over as she sat down on the couch and waited for Kris to pick up.

"Hello," Kris Letang asked, wondering who was calling him this late at night.

"Hey, Kris, it's me Ronnie Burrows," Ronnie answered.

"Hey, Ronnie. How are ya?" Kris asked.

"I am not doing so good but that's not important."

"It is important, Ronnie if you are not doing good. What is troubling you?"

"It's Ryan, Kris. He keeps bringing up the past and I don't want to talk about it. There are days where I do not want to talk to him cause I am afraid he'll bring up what happened in college. I just wish he would leave me alone."

"Ronnie, Ryan was so wrong for breaking up because he thought he was cheating. You listen to me. Luc is there to help you out so if you need anyone to help you deal with Ryan, you go get Luc and your brother, Alex. Those two are the most important guys in your life including me and Mia. You don't need this guy to tell you what you can and can not do."

"Thank you, Kris. I am not listening to him and Luc is helping me out with this. So is Alex but I really need a girl perspect from this. I just need advice on how to get away from Ryan."

“Well, then why don’t you talk to Mia? She is here and would love to help you out.”

“Sure. Thanks, Kris.”

“I do anything for you, Ronnie. Hold on,” Kris replied as he went to find Mia as he found her playing on the guitar. “Mia?”

“Yeah, Kris?” Mia asked, putting her guitar aside.

“Ronnie wants to talk to you.”

“Okay,” Mia said, as she took the phone away from Kris. “Hi, Ronnie.”

“Hey, Mia.”

“Okay what is troubling my best friend in the world?”

“Ryan Kesler, my ex is.”

“Okay, what did that jerk tell you?”

“He keeps bringing up the damn past, Mia. Why can’t he let that go? He said he is fucking sorry for what he did to me. He broke up with me cause he thought I was going to cheat. I would never cheat. I am sick and tired of him.”

“He’s not worth it. He’s not. You need someone who is going to bring you up, not down. You need someone who is going to help you through the tough times and know that your passion for music is what you want to do for the rest of your life. Don’t worry about that moron. Work on your music instead of worrying about what this jerk did to you. You are an amazing singer and songwriter. Don't give up that passion either."

“I will, Mia. Thank you so much. You work on your music too cause I need you at this benefit concert at TRIC in the summer.”

“You are welcome. You know I will.”

“Good. I will talk to you later. If not, I will email ya.”

“Okay. Good talking to you. IM or email me if you need anymore advice.”

“I will."

“Bye.”

“Bye.” Ronnie hit end then put her cell phone on the side table, thinking about the conversation she had with both Mia and Kris. They are right. She needs to focus more on her music than her relationship. It’s Ryan’s fault for ruining what we had, Ronniethought to herself. She was going to focus on the concert and her music instead. She was going to focus more on her relationship with Luc and Alex than her destroyed relationship with Ryan.

2 comments: