Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chapter 6

Burrows home--Downtown Vancouver, BC

Randy and Carol were busy eating when they heard a knock at the door. Randy looked at his wife before getting up as he walked over and unlocked the door, revealing his ex girlfriend, Ellie at the door. "Ellie, hi. What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you about our daughter, Ronnie."

"Ellie." Randy glared at her before shutting the door and looked back at her. "How many times do I have to tell you to stay the hell out of Ronnie's life?!"

"She is my daughter, too, Randy. You can't keep her away from me."

"I would really want you to stay away from her, Ellie."

"I am sorry, Randy but I can't do that."  Ellie walked away with a smirk on her face.

"Ellie, what do you want from her?!" Randy exclaimed trying to get Ellie's attention.

Ellie turned around and looked at Randy. "I just want to get to know her, Randy. I really wish you would let me."

"It is up to Ronnie if she wants to see you, not me. I don't want to see you ever again but if you do something that hurts our daughter, then I will get involved."

"Fine by me, Randy." Ellie walked away as she went toward car getting in and driving back to her apartment.

Randy rolled his eyes as he walked back into his house and slammed his door, not believing the way his ex acted in public. She sure hasn't changed one bit, Randy thought to himself.

Carol heard the door slammed as she got up and walked into the living room, seeing her frustrating husband sitting down. She went over and sat down beside, rubbing his back. "Honey, what is going on?"

"My ex, Ellie is back in town, wondering if she can see Ronnie and I told her that it was Ronnie's choice not mine if she can see her. I just don't want to expose Ronnie to her life," Randy whispered, wondering if Ronnie will make the right choice.

"Sweetie, Ronnie will make the right choice and she always has," Carol replied.

"I know," Randy answered, still worried about his daughter's well being.

They sat there wondering what to do but know that Ronnie is going to make the right choice as she always has done in her life. Little did they know she was going to make one of the hardest decisions at practice.

****

General Motors Center---Vancouver, British Columbia

Luc and Ronnie got out of the car as they saw Alex, Ronnie's brother, get out of his car as they walked over towards where he was.

"Luc, Ronnie," Alex called over as he was standing by Taylor Pyatt, Alex's roommate and close friend. "You two ready for practice."

"We sure are," Luc replied as Ronnie and Taylor nodded as all three went inside the General Motors Center and headed towards the locker room as they went inside as Alex, Luc and Taylor went to their locker respectively, leaving Ronnie to go to her office to get her stuff done.

A few minutes later, everyone was done getting ready for practice and headed out towards the ice. Ronnie got her camera ready for the photos for the team website. She wanted to do something special for Trevor Linden since she felt like this was going to be his last year. She had to talk to him after practice was done cause she wanted to know before she did anything special for him.

Ronnie looked around the arena and found Ryan talking to Luc, Taylor and Alex, the three men she felt so comfortable with. Why in the world was he talking to them? Why can't he go over and bug someone else? She skated over and went right in front of Luc, Taylor and Alex.

Ryan glared at her and looked around before Ronnie went in front of him again. "Ah, can't you see that I am trying to talk here, Ronnie?"

"What do you want me to say to you? I'm pretty sure you said it all." She replied, bitterly back at him.

"I don't know okay, Ronnie."

"Well I guess you can go and go talk to your other teammates."

"You can't just shove me away from three of my friends on the team away, Ronnie!"

"Watch me, Ryan!" Ronnie growled as she skated away and went back to her work.

"Ronnie, can we just talk!" Ryan exclaimed, coming over to where Ronnie was.

"Ryan, back off! I mean it!" Ronnie exclaimed, glaring at Ryan before skating over towards where Luc, Taylor and Alex.

"Back off, Ryan," Alex replied, getting in front of him.

"Ronnie! I am serious!" Ryan yelled to Ronnie.

"Ryan, not here," Luc said trying to calm down Ryan.

"Back off, Luc," Ryan growled at Luc before looking at Ronnie.

"I don't want to talk about. You are never serious with me."

"Ronnie, I am right now," Ryan said, looking at her. "When can we talk?" He was being so persistent and annoying at the same time, Ronnie wonder if talking about it now would work.

"I guess now since you are being so dang annoying and persistent. What do you want, Ryan, that is so fucking important?" Ronnie asked, looking at him waiting for answer.

"I wanted to let you know I am sorry for what I did to you in the past. I didn't mean those words and I miss you like crazy, Ronnie. I can see us forever.  I know you can't. Just tell me and I will let you go forever."

"Ryan, you are never sorry for what you did to me. Those words were painful and self-centered. I don't miss you and don't want to us to date again. Plenty of girls out there for you. Let me go so we can move on cause I definitely did."

"Fine, you want it that way, Ronnie then fine by me. See you later, Ronnie Burrows."

"Bye, Ryan Kesler."

    Ryan skated away and went over towards where Markus Naslund and Mattias Ohlund were standing. He finally cut the cords with Ronnie. Well Ronnie did, not him. Both ignored one another during practice and it seemed like the fight divided the team badly. Luc, Taylor, Trevor and Alex stayed on their side while Ryan and the rest of the Canucks stayed on their side. This was going to be a very long practice.

Ronnie felt so dang responsible for it. She was guilty that she couldn't concentrate anymore and sat down on the bench, running a hand through her brown curls, not knowing what to do anymore.

Luc skated over towards where Ronnie was. He jumped over the bench as he walked over and sat down besides her. "Ronnie, what is going on?"

"Luc, it's my fault that this team is now divided."

"No, it's not your fault, Ronnie. This fight was eventually going to happen. I don't care and we'll support you 100%."

"Thank you, Luc. I really appreciate it. I guess I will need all the support I can get."
"Anytime, Ronnie. Now why don't you try and concentrate? We need that awesome photos from one extremely talented, photographer. You need to do what's best for you, Ronnie. Don't worry about Ryan or anyone else."

"Fine, Luc. You are the best, you know that."

"Ronnie, I am a friend but someone who can be the best one out there. I am sure Trevor, Taylor and Alex would all say the same thing."

"You guys are the ones who will save me from everything that is happening right now."

"You mean there is more than ending your relationship with Ryan."

"Yeah there is, Luc."

"Do you mind telling me what it is about or is it way to personal to tell me?"

"No, it is not, Luc. I just can’t believe that something like this would happen to me."

"Like what, Addy?"

"Like my biological mother coming back in my life and wanting to get to know me. I barely even know her, Luc, so why should I even want to get to know her?"

"Maybe she wants to get to know you and regretted not having you in her life. Maybe she wants a second chance to get to know you. Sometimes I want to get to know my dad since my mom only raised me on her own like your own dad did for you. It is up to you, Ronnie but I would do it if I were you. I would cause I want to know everything and why he abandoned me as a baby.  I want to know but I won't cause I don't know his number or even where he lives. I would take every opportunity with me cause you may never know what might come up."

"Luc, I appreciate everything but she could have done that when I was younger. I don't know even if I want to get to know her now."

"You don't have to immediately do it. I was just suggesting it and you might actually surprise yourself and change your mind on it."

"I know you are right, Luc. I want to make sure that choice when the time is right. I just made a huge one with Ryan and right now I just want to think of the good times."

"Good idea."

"Thanks, buddy."

"You are welcome, bestie."

Luc and Ronnie hugged one another before getting up and hopped over the bench as they skated towards where Trevor, Alex, and Taylor were. Those three men along with Luc were the men that Ronnie wanted in her life and most definitely important.

No comments:

Post a Comment