Monday, June 21, 2010

Chapter 4

A few hours later, Ronnie heard a knock at her door as she wonder who was at the door. She knows that Luc won’t be her until tomorrow. Who could it possibly be? she gets up as she walks towards the door and slowly unlocks the door as she sees a young woman with curly brown hair and hazel eyes like she had. “Hi. Can I help you with something?”

“No, not really but you knew that I would come into your life, someday.”

“Seriously, you are creeping me out. Who are you?”

“Well first, my name is Elizabeth like your middle name.”

“Okay that’s freaky. Once again who are you and where is this going to?”

“I am your mother, Ronnie. Your biological mother.”

Ronnie just started at her in shock, not knowing that her own mother, the one who gave birth to her, is at her front door. She just discussed it with Alex a few hours ago and now it’s actually true. “Wow. You are my real mother or some fake person telling me this.”

“I am sure not fake or even lying to you. You sure are strong minded like your dad. He  sure did raise you right and helped you become a beautiful young woman.”

“My dad and step mom are the two people who raised me, not you. My dad was there cause you abandoned me.”

“Ronnie, what do you want me to say to you?”

“Let’s have it.”

“What’s that?”

“The heart wrenching yet inspirational tale of a young girl’s complex decision to part with the daughter she so desperately loves.”

Ellie just looked around, wondering what to tell Ronnie. “Actually, it’s not that complex. At the time I got pregnant with you, I liked drugs more than I liked you. That’s it. I am a different person, Ronnie.But those decisions are mine. I can’t change that.”

“And, what, so you just coming to make peace with yourself? That is so screwed up. You can’t just crawl out of your hole after 29 Years and cause a plague, like some kind of locust.”

“For what it’s worth, I crawled out of my hole a long time ago. Your father wouldn’t let me see you.”

“I don’t even believe you.”

Ellie smiled and looked at her. “You used to sit at the arena with your step mom, Carol while watching your step-brother, Alex play hockey for several hours. The Canucks is what team he plays for right. I would approve of both of them. They seem nice.”

“Wow! Okay, you can seriously leave now.”

“Fine by me but if you want to get to know me, you can ask your dad for my phone number and we can talk.”

“I am not really sure right now.”

“Okay. Bye, Ronnie.”

“Bye, Ellie.” Ronnie shuts the door in her face and locked it up. She doesn’t even know why in the world this woman would show up and say those things to her. She had to go talk to her father about this.

Ronnie went back into her room, putting on a bra, a Luc Bourdon player tee, black sweatpants and flip-flops on before grabbing her purse, phone and keys to her black 2010 Ford Mustang. She walked out of her house, looking the door before seeing Ellie driving away in a old 2000 Red Ford Mustang. She goes to her car, unlocks the door and shuts it as she drives to her dad’s home, a few minutes away from Alex’s condo. She drives into her driveway and parks her car as she gets out and locked the car door. She walked up to the only two that have taken her into their lives and raised her like she was their own kid. Her dad raised her and so did her stepmom. Her stepmom was her mom, not this crazy woman who claims to be her mom. She needs to know the truth from her dad.

Ronnie knocked on the door and waited for her dad to answer the door. She hopes her dad has the answers for her about this woman who is rude and mean. Why did this woman come to her front door and said those things to her? Why?

Her dad, Randy, opened the front door and saw his youngest daughter at the door. He was wondering why she was at the door at this time of night. “Honey, hi. How are ya?”

“I am good, Dad. You?”

“I am tired. What is going on?”

“Sorry, Dad but I need to know something.”

“Sure, sweetie. What is it?”

“Is it true that my biological mother is out there? She came to my door a few minutes earlier and told me that she is my real mom.”

“Look, honey.”

“You said you wanted to talk about it when I was older and face-to-face, Dad. So we’re face-to-face. Is it true? Is this woman my mom?”

“Ronnie, honey, you know I would not lie to you when I say this. But yours step-mom, Carol is and always will be your mom. But your biological mother is still alive and around about. She is in Vancouver and told her to stay away from you.”

“Did she want to se me, Dad? Did she?”

“Yes, she did. When you were young at 5, after your 16th birthday and then graduation.”

“Why did you keep her away from me?”

“Cause she was dangerous. Your mom was into drugs, alcohol. She hung around the wrong crowd at high school. She rejected to go to Julliard to become an amazing guitar player and singer. She also didn’t have the money to support you or even me. That’s why we split when you were 2 and I went to a judge and got full custody of you!”

“Dad, now I am 21 years old. What in the world am I supposed to do? She came to my door, wondering what I can do to help her out. She wants to know if I want to get to know her. I do not know if I can afford to have her in my life. I have so much going on right now. What should I do?”

“You do what is best for you, Ronnie. It is your life. You now have control of in what you can do now.”

“Thanks, Dad. You are always there for me.”

“You are welcome.”

Both Randy and Ronnie embraced one another before Ronnie left for the night. She headed home and went inside, double bolting the door. She went inside her room and got ready for bed. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment